April 29, 2020
As the pandemic situation continues to evolve, we are as concerned about COVID-19 as you are and want to provide you with an update on what RV Days is doing to mitigate these ongoing issues.
Along with most of the campgrounds in the South Okanagan, RV Days anticipates a normal camping season with some temporary guidelines regarding social distancing and cleanliness.
RV Days is committed to following all guidelines issued by local health authorities, the Province of BC, and Health Canada. This will require a change to the way we all will be camping this year.
We have always prided ourselves on the cleanliness of our well stocked trailers. However, this year we must follow the government’s lead and go one step further. For increased precautions, we have to remove all pots, pans, plates, cups, cutlery etc. from all of our trailers. We will not supply dish cloths or dish towels. We will, however, still supply basic cleaning supplies, mop and bucket, broom and dustpan, and dish soap with a dish rack. We will also supply a cutting board, electric or gas kettle, coffee maker (round basket) or a French press (Bodum), and a toaster. A cleaned and sanitized mattress cover will be placed on all queen mattresses. Bunk bed mattresses will not be covered. All other items will have to be supplied by you for this year. To make your packing list a bit easier we have a check list of items we normally supply in our trailers available here so you won’t forget anything!
All sinks, tubs/showers, toilets, countertops, tabletops, fridges, and high touch points (hard surfaces) will be disinfected prior to your rental. Once your trailer has been sanitized it will not be entered by any staff except possibly our driver to open the slide at the time it is delivered. The driver will then wipe all touched surfaces with disinfectant wipes including the outside handle. This extra cleaning may take our cleaning staff extra time to complete so please be patient if your trailer is delivered a bit later than normal. If you are onsite when our driver arrives with your trailer please follow all social distancing (2m) guidelines and allow the driver to complete the set up uninterrupted.
We have modified our cancellation policy to reflect the changing times of a COVID-19 world.
- COVID-19 Cancelling after 60 days of booking your deposit will be kept and will be applied to a future reservation up to Sept 2022.
- COVID-19 Your final payment is due 45 days prior to your reservation date. If you cancel your reservation 30 days or more prior to your reservation date we will refund your final amount and your deposit will be kept and applied towards a future reservation up to Sept 2022.
- COVID-19 If you cancel your reservation with less than 30 days notice of your reservation date because your campground has closed due to COVID-19 then you will be refunded your final amount and your deposit will be kept and will be applied towards a future reservation up to Sept 2022. If you cancel your reservation with less than 30 days notice prior to your reservation date and your campground is open you will not receive a refund.
Our commitment is to our customers and staff and keeping them all safe through these challenging times. If you have any question or concerns please feel free to email us or call the office and we will be more than happy to help you with anything you may need.
Wishing you a safe and wonderful summer.
Your RV Days Team
For up-to-date, accurate information regarding coronavirus:
- The Public Health Agency of Canada: Information line for the COVID-19 novel coronavirus: 1-833-784-4397
- Health Link BC: www.healthlinkbc.ca or call 8-1-1
- Interior Health: www.interiorhealth.ca
- BC Centre for Disease Control: www.bccdc.ca
Please contact our office if you have any questions.